Parenting Support & Counselling
For the happier You and Your family
Are you feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, or confused by parenting? Do you wish you had more skills, confidence, and support to raise happy and healthy children? If so, you are not alone. Parenting is one of the most rewarding but also challenging roles in life. That's why I'm here to help.
I'm Susie, a founder of Susie's Babysitting and a parent of two lovely children (who have been not always as lovely 😆)
I have been helping parents with their children since 2014, using my expertise as a former preschool teacher, nanny, and babysitter. I have a passion for supporting families and children, and I can offer you professional and friendly parenting support and counseling.
Here are some examples of topics I can help you with:
Pregnancy and After-birth Support:
- Pregnancy support and preparing for your baby
- After-birth support in your home (both practical and emotional help)
- Breastfeeding techniques and correct storing of breast milk
- Alternative ways of feeding your baby (such as syringe or bottle feeding)
- Caring for your newborn baby, so you can have some rest or sleep
Babies, Toddlers and Pre-schoolers:
- Understanding your child's development stages and needs
- Healthy sleep and developing consistent evening routines
- Showing you the healthy way to handle babies and promote the right movements, to avoid wrong motor skills development (which could lead to delays or deviations in the child's development)
- Dealing with the "Angry Twos" stage of toddlers
- Setting up Montessori-inspired, didactic activities and aids, which promote independence
- Helping you understand the signs the child is "sending" to you
- and more...
- Developing positive parenting strategies and communication skills
- Coping with stress, anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues
- Dealing with challenging behaviors or special needs
- and more...
What is a Parenting Support?
Parenting Support is a service that understands the joys and struggles of parenting. It is here to support you in your journey of raising happy and healthy children. Whether you are a new parent, a single parent, a step-parent, or a parent who is adopting or fostering, Parenting Support can help you with your unique challenges and needs.
Parenting Support can help you to: learn more about your children's development and needs; create positive relationships and improve behaviour and communication; enjoy parenting and family life more; feel more confident and skilled as a parent; reduce parenting stress and feel more positive; gain new skills as a parent.
What I can do for you:
- Help you in practical way such as temporary Maternity Nanny - which includes complex help of counseling as well as hands-on help with your baby. (This option needs to be booked long ahead as my availability is limited).
- Flexible and affordable counseling options, such as:
- online sessions, phone calls, or email support as well as
- personal counseling (including visits at your home) allowing deeper understanding of your needs.
I can also recommend free resources, such as articles, books, videos, and podcasts, to help you learn more about those topics that could help in your current life situations.
If you are interested in working with me, please contact me today for a free consultation. I would love to hear from you and see how I can help you achieve your parenting goals. Remember, you don't have to do it alone. You deserve to have a fulfilling and enjoyable parenting experience. Let me show you how.